What is the PACE Study?
The goal of the PACE (Parents And Communities as Experts) study is to determine and understand families’ perceptions of different public health recommendations related to COVID-19 in schools.
Who’s Conducting the Study?
It is a partnership between Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Morgan State University, and The University of Maryland School of Medicine.
What Have We Learned? Resources for School Communities
The PACE study involves community conversations, surveys, and focus groups with parents, teachers/school staff, and students. So far, we’ve learned about what support school communities need to manage changes in COVID-19 prevention strategies or COVID-19 guidance. We’ve created practical, actionable tools and recommendations for communicating effectively about COVID-19 based on feedback from community experts.
- Summary of PACE Study Findings and Introduction to an Action-Focused Communications Toolkit for School Communities
- Communication Toolkit for School Districts. This includes:
- COVID-19 Action Plan: get help making your own COVID-19 action plan based on your own personal risk
- Ready-to-use materials with information on how to prevent COVID-19 from spreading in schools
- Customizable materials: add your logo and share!
- Resources for a healthy holiday season: information on how to keep you and your community safe during the holidays [Available in English and Spanish]
- All our materials are available in English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Nepali, and Swahili. Please email us at email@example.com to request any other language.
New 2023-2024 School Year materials are here!
As COVID-19 numbers trickle up in the community, we have new graphics for you to share with your school community. These graphics highlight current recommendations for living and learning when COVID-19 is still around.
- Ready to print materials in English and Spanish. Just download and print. You can also share online or on your social media channels.
- Customizable materials! Use Canva (free software) to add your logo, school’s website or newsletter before printing.
In these documents we share:
- Best practices for communicating changes in COVID-19 risk in your community or school (e.g., in case of a COVID-19 surge or outbreak)
- Best practices for communicating changes in COVID-19 prevention policies or procedures in your school or district
- Tools for helping families choose the COVID-19 prevention strategies that best meet their needs based on their household’s individual risk
- Easy-to-customize communications materials that can be distributed by social media, newsletter, email, or print
To learn how to use our toolkit, customizable and ready-to-use materials, watch this video: